About Me

Cairo, Egypt
_______________________________________________Travels in the Middle East

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Post Script, Goodbye Gifts

As a follow up about the awesomeness of Maha, I thought it would be appropriate to include a translation of the email I just got from her.  The background is that before leaving she had told me I could continue sending her things written in Arabic and she would correct them and help me with my style, so I had sent her a rather long letter written in Arabic for job-search stuff.  After the rewritten version of my message that she provided, she wrote:

Dear D.C.
You've begun to drag your heels now.  Where are the letters you promised me?  Did they not travel with you?  I want you to write me all the time and not be lazy.  Of course I will be happy to correct all of it.
Greetings to you and your family.
Be well.
Maha

Haha.  Harsh.  I thought it was going to be an every-once-in-a-while thing, a privilege which I would not want to abuse.  Apparently she's still giving me homework.  So....free tutoring!  My heart sinks a litle whenever I think about typing all that Arabic up (I'm still really slow), but that's the only way to learn right?  And Maha knows it.

In other news, here's a picture of my Spanish housemate's cat, Rey (King).  He's five-months old, and infinitely cooler than the other devil cat I once lived with.


But most importantly he'll never go into heat.  Full post about yesterday's protests and an update on my living situation coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment