About Me

Cairo, Egypt
_______________________________________________Travels in the Middle East

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Twitter Fail / Behind the Scenes in Alexandria

While I was in Alexandria, I had no internet access, but I wanted to keep Oh Palm at least mildly up to date, so I sent four tweets from my phone--that was, after all, the only reason I got a twitter account which I am still a little embarrassed to admit to having (outside the context of blogging, doesn't twitter seem a little self-obsessed?). Unfortunately, Twitter seems to be having some problems (understatement) displaying people's tweets (as in, Twitter's primary function), and none of mine ever showed up. Thus I put them all up today. I should get a couple posts up this week about Alex and about the fascinating two hour long conversation I had with an Egyptian man on the train ride back, but in the mean time, as is becoming my stop-gap tactic for when I don't have time to write out a full post, here are a few behind the scenes pictures that probably wouldn't have gotten put in my Alexandria post to tide everyone (my mom and dad) over:


Figuring out the way to Pompay's Pillar.


The walk to the the Catacombs.


Lovebirds on a fortress wall.


Hangin out.


Egyptians at the Beach.


Me and my buds outside the new Library of Alexandria.


No comments:

Post a Comment