About Me

Cairo, Egypt
_______________________________________________Travels in the Middle East

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Tweet??

I have a phone here in Egypt now, and I'm trying to decide if I want to get a Twitter account for it. I haven't totally figured out how much it costs me to text message, but would that maybe be a good idea for ways to update people in little small ways while I'm over here? I don't even know how I actually feel about Twitter, but I suddenly nderstand why it might be a practical means of communication that I can do on the go any time. Feel free to email me or leave comments if you think that is a good idea.

In other news, I will post about about my first days in Cairo soon, and hopefully it won't take me as long to edit this upcoming post as it did the last two. From what I can say so far, in short, the traffic here is insane, the super cheap street food downtown is amazing, Egyptians work on roughly the same five-minutes late schedule that I do, the cats roam free in the city, I really think I'm going to like bartering for stuff, I am sweaty all the time, and I am very excited to start learning Arabic again, especially the Egyptian colloquial. I'll post an actual post non-run-on-sentences and hopefully some pictures real soon. In the mean time, tell me how you all are doing and tell me what you think about my twitter idea.

2 comments:

  1. I say yes to Twitter! It's easy to upload quick updates and easily accessible to other people (and you can even post pictures to it). And, to make for even more synergy, you could post a little widget here on your blog that shows your twitter feed too!

    Awesome blog, keep it up, I'm so excited for you!

    -Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave your ordinary degree of affirmation to profit this most major open entryway by accessory and visiting with this people on twitter. Link W88 moi nhat Twitter

    ReplyDelete